[PLUG] Use of Symbolic C++

Robert K iconoklastic at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 16 19:05:21 UTC 2016

To the best of my knowledge Symbolic C++, an add-on library for C++, may no longer be maintained, but a large amount of code has been written that uses it, so I have tried to get it working on 64-bit Ubuntu (15.10). I have attempted to compile an example program, but the output suggests that the library is not found.
Building the library appears to have been successful:
Libraries have been installed in:   /usr/local/lib
If you ever happen to want to link against installed librariesin a given directory, LIBDIR, you must either use libtool, andspecify the full pathname of the library, or use the `-LLIBDIR'flag during linking and do at least one of the following:   - add LIBDIR to the `LD_LIBRARY_PATH' environment variable     during execution   - add LIBDIR to the `LD_RUN_PATH' environment variable     during linking   - use the `-Wl,-rpath -Wl,LIBDIR' linker flag   - have your system administrator add LIBDIR to `/etc/ld.so.conf'
Perhaps I'm not correctly doing one of these things. (I have installed libtool, although I am not familiar with it.) Could someone direct me to a source of information that would explain how to run program.cpp that invokes this Symbolic C++ library?