[PLUG] Acroread Changes Typeface

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed Mar 16 23:00:58 UTC 2016

   On occasion I receive (or download) pdf files that display with the
correct serif typeface using mupdf. But, when viewed with acroread the
typeface is changed to a thin stroked, san-serif one that's difficult to
read.

   I wonder if anyone else has seen this behavior using acroread.

   I have small .png images of each page type, but this mail list does not
allow attachments. If you'd like to see the difference send me a message and
I'll forward the two images to you.

   I'd sure like to learn why acroread changes the typeface on some files and
not on others. The current one is PDF-1.5 if that matters.

TIA,