[PLUG] Fix SSL Error in Chrome Browser

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Mar 29 00:09:57 UTC 2016

   One laptop here running Slackware-14.1/x86_64 has Google Chrome as a web
browser. Several sites are inaccessible because of this error:
err_ssl_protocol_err. (FWIW, I run chromium and it does not have this
issue, but the laptop's user needs the closed-source chrome for some
purpose.)

   My web searches find all sorts of Microsoft users with this problem. The
only solution I saw said to find the options page and change SSL to v2.0;
apparently v3.0 is the default that's a vulnerable version not accepted by
many sites.

   My question is how to find the options page so I can change SSL to the
more secure version. Clicking on the icon with 3 horizontal lines offers
'settings' but there's nothing on there about security.

   Help needed.