[PLUG] Fix SSL Error in Chrome Browser

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Mar 29 01:30:12 UTC 2016

On Mon, 28 Mar 2016, Dick Steffens wrote:

> Google foo: Google chrome ssl revert to 2.0
> Result page: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95572?hl=en
>
> That looks like you were on the right track, but didn't go deep enough.
> But, since I don't use Chrome, I don't have a way to test it.

Dick,

   I had seen an advanced settings in the middle of the page, but not the one
at the very bottom. That's what I missed. However, ...

   When I navigate to the "https/ssl" settings all I can do is view them.
There is no mechanism to change from ssl version 3 to version 2, despite
what that web page suggests.

   I'll get the open source chromium from Alien BOB's web site and replace
the Google Chrome with it. That'll solve the problem.

Thanks,